JA Junior Mentor Programme
Students who have graduated from the student company programme but are still at school are invited to join Junior Mentor Programme. They are taugh a short advanced course in entrepreneurship, leadership and management, psychology, commmunication, supporting others, basic tutoring etc.
When new student companies appear at school they go to support teachers-advisors and help newcomers to overcome their problems. They are a valuable support for the teacher as it is easier for them to achieve the trust of their younger peers.
During the trade fair each Junior Mentor gets 5-10 student companies whom they analyse and give advice. At the end they write their report about their learning experience.
Sustainable Enterprise Development Program
Sustainable Enterprise Development Program creates youth-led SMEs in Azerbaijan and enchance their efficiency through capacity-building and enabling environment.
SEDP objectives are:
- Promotion of SME development through the creation of youth-led enterprises by providing entrepreneurship and business training to young women and men;
- Provision of access to financial services for youth-led enterprises by partnering with banks and micro-finance institutions;
- Fostering the process of enabling environment for SMEs by presenting the successes and challenges of youth-led enterprises to business community.
Problem Solving (PS) and Team Building (TB)
This program introduces students to ideas of unstructured problems, ideas on optimal solutions rather than exact solutions in a group setting that fosters team building, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The overall workshop, including introductions, breaks, Q&A and feedback, can be conducted within 3 hours (excluding the plenary session). The session delivery is through discussions and activities and is hence expected to be very easy on the students.
Professional and Business Development of Regional Youth
Professional and Business Development of Regional Youth provided its participants the opportunity to develop their professional skills and economic and entrepreneurial skills in order to gain success in the careers. It aims to obtain skills and knowledge which are necessary in running a private business affair. The project is composed of two main components: 1. Business training and 2. Student business day.
Stage 1: Business Training
- Training phase: Students are trained on financial literacy, success skills and company program.
- Initiate a Business Plan: Students review the company's business strategies and create business, product, financial and marketing plans. They will learn to develop their leadership skills, write and implement business plans, and create sales goals for their products.
Stage 2: "Student Business Day"
- Trade Fair Stand - Students get to present their product/ service to the panel of judge and the public.
- Business Plan Presentation - The business plan presentation summaries the key experiences and achievements of the students' company.